Saturday 23 April 2011

Fragments of Inspiration: My Life in London {a night at the tate modern}


The first time I visited Tate Modern's main collection was with my friend, Maria. I had an amazing time, and I always wanted to go back ever since. During that first visit, I wished I had studied Art, I dreamed of being a painter, and I left wanting to write an article on art.

I never got to write that article, but I did return to the "crime scene", to one of my absolute favourite places in London. It was Friday night and my footsteps brought me just outside Tate Modern, after having a nice walk in the City and across the Thames. It was a beautiful, warm and cosy night, and I really wanted to visit Tate on that day.


Luckily enough, the gallery is open until 10pm on Fridays and Saturdays. After an initial walk around the two shops, I went to the main collection rooms. I saw wonderful exhibits that I had seen before, in my previous visit, but also some new ones, which were fascinating and impressive. I got inspired - again - and wished I was an artist. I believe that writing an article on art is a much easier task, and I do promise that I will get my head around it, when I find the chance. Just before I left the gallery, I went to the shop and bought six post-cards feauring Miró's paintings (I will include them in my next post). I am brainstorming ideas on how to best use them as part of my dream house decoration. I left the gallery, feeling calm, relaxed and very happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment